Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's Homeschool Convention Time!

Our family is thrilled to attend the Indiana Association of Home Educators (IAHE) Convention this weekend!


Considering all the motivational speakers and variety of workshops available, the hard part is narrowing down our options. Of course, we can't make it to all the sessions, but thankfully IAHE records each one!

I am really looking forward to encouragement from Heidi St. John via her messages Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Daylight: How to fit your size 16 day into a size 10 as well as The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Romance. In this crazy busy season of my life, I desperately need them both!

This year the folks at IAHE are trying something brand new that we are very excited about; a teen volunteer program called Crew 4:12. MacKenzie, Corrie, and Isaac are all looking forward to this opportunity and the prospect of meeting new friends.

Besides attending sessions, Emily and Haley will be assisting me at the Doorposts' booth. Our family has been honored to represent this company for the past four years. Doorposts has been instrumental in helping to shape the character training of our children and Pam Forster is one of my top Titus 2 ladies! She's blogging now, y'all!

Saturday morning is usually quiet enough for me to slip away to scope out what the other vendors have to offer. We purchase the majority of our curriculum at the convention and save a ton of money on shipping. Plus we have the advantage of seeing and handling the curriculum before we buy.

Here are some photos from previous conventions:

2013 at the Marsh Pavillion at the Indiana State Fairgrounds


2012. From L-R: Corrie, Emily, Haley, MacKenzie, Isaac, Terry, me

2011 At the Indiana Convention Center
Each year, we've been pleasantly surprised to meet several Shoebox readers at the convention. 

Are you planning to attend? If so, drop by Doorposts' booth and say hi!


Photobucket

Networked Blogs - Facebook - E-Mail Updates - Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl! I recognized you at the Doorpost booth! I wanted to come and chat with you, but each time you were busy helping someone! Anyway, I was able to tell my husband who you were...I have mentioned your blog to him on an occasion! Maybe next year if you are working the booth I will get to meet you in person! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw...I wish I would've known you were there! It was a really busy convention this time around!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment; this is very encouraging to me! As I realize that not everyone will agree with the way we choose to live our lives, I will allow negative comments, as long as they are respectful, however, I will no longer allow comments published under "Anonymous".

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...